STRATEGIC COMMUNICATION PROGRAM
The Strategic Communication Program, held by the Communication Sciences Department, offers studies focused on public relations and communication management. We plan to focus on the most recent studies in identifying the public for business, social and government organisations; managing communication plans for internal and external stakeholders with a focus on reputation; planning events, campaigns and crisis management; communicating brands and integrated marketing and entrepreneurship in the field of public relations; and applying international communications in various forms of organisation.
In the process of communication planning, this program will equip students with qualitative and quantitative research skills, with the guidance of lecturers experienced in the related research and professional fields. Students will attain various new perspectives while conducting company visits and real work experiences through internships in companies of various fields, ranging from private organisations, governmental organisations, educational institutions to non-governmental organisations.
The field of Public Relations, Market Research, Communication Management, Brand Communication, Content Creator, Event Management, PR Consultant, Branding Consultant, Media Relations, Community Relations, Marketing Public Relations, Social Media Manager, Event Marketing, and Brand Executive.
- Possesses knowledge of theoretical concepts related to philosophy, sociology, psychology and politics from a communications perspective.
- Is capable of critically and creatively analysing phenomena in communications, with various methods from both quantitative and qualitative approaches.
- Possesses interpersonal, organisational, and cross-cultural communication skills in both Indonesian and English.
- Is capable of producing whole works and/or prototypes that follow technological developments in the field of communications.
- Possesses knowledge regarding laws and ethics in the context of public relations
- Shows intelligence and knowledge of public relations and communication management concepts.
- Is capable of analysing different forms of communications as well as communication programs to stakeholders.
- Produces and manages communication strategies for governmental institutions and profit & non-profit organisations.
- Possesses entrepreneurship skills in the field of public relations and communication management.
- Possesses basic Mandarin or Japanese language skills.
- Possesses specific knowledge about communication in leadership, family, sports, health, fashion, tourism, and church.
- Possesses specific knowledge in the fields of broadcasting & journalism regarding Indonesian cinema, video journalism, radio journalism, radio broadcasting techniques, music directing, media and church, as well as digital start-ups for media.
- Possesses specific knowledge in the field of communication that would be strategic within commercials and promotions, public relations in social organisations, public relations in financials, visual communications and strategic social media for public relations, as well as managing events.